Use of the website
Your use of the website is subject to the following:
- Education Services Australia (“ESA”) has compiled the content in good faith and has endeavoured to ensure that all content is accurate and does not breach any entity’s rights at the time of its inclusion. However, the content may contain unintentional errors and is provided “as is”. You use the website entirely at your own risk as ESA makes no representations as to, and accepts no liability for, the accuracy or otherwise of the content.
- ESA does not necessarily sponsor, approve of or endorse any of the products, vendors, consultants or documentation referenced in this website other than SCIS products.
- The website contains links to Internet sites maintained by entities not connected to or controlled by ESA. The links are provided for ease of reference only and ESA does not necessarily sponsor or approve of any material contained on these sites. You access the sites and use their contents entirely at your own risk as ESA makes no representations as to, and accepts no liability for, the accuracy or otherwise of the content of the sites.
- To the maximum extent lawful, ESA excludes all warranties in respect of the website and the content; and is not liable for any loss or damage however caused resulting from the use of the website and will not be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages of any nature arising from the use of or inability to use the website or any material available on it.
ESA collects school and library staff contact information, including email addresses, related to SCIS subscription services. ESA will not use personal information for any reason other than responding to your enquiries and keeping you informed about SCIS. Education Services Australia Limited will not disclose your personal information to any other person or organisation.
Personal information collected when you use this website
When you register to use SCIS or visit the SCIS websites, we may collect personal information from you in the following forms:
Our server makes a record of your visit and logs the following personal information:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example .com.au, .edu.au, .net, etc)
- the time and date of your visit to the website
- the pages and documents you have accessed or viewed
- the type of browser you are using (for example Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer).
Emails and electronic forms
The information collected by ESA when you send us an email, or if you complete and submit one of the electronic forms on our website, will include your email address and may also include some of your personal information.
SCIS records your email address and personal information in the following instances:
- when you subscribe to SCIS
- when you contact us or send feedback via the feedback or cataloguing request form.
Personal information collected through the registration process for this site is used for the purposes of:
- providing access to content on SCIS
- informing subscribers of updates to the service
- tracking the level and range of interest in the SCIS website
- determining usage patterns in order to improve the service or develop new services.
In all cases and at all times, this personal information will only be used for the stated purpose for which it was provided. This personal information will not be disclosed to a third party without your express consent.
Publication of your personal information
We will only publish personal information on this website if it has been collected for this purpose, with your knowledge, or if you have otherwise consented to the disclosure. When giving consent you should be aware that personal information published on this website is accessible to web users from all over the world.
All personal information collected by the Curriculum Leadership journal is protected by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and any subsequent legislation. Information on the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 can be found on the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website http://www.privacy.gov.au.
Access to the personal information we collect
If you wish to know what, if any, personal information we hold about you, or wish to correct any personal information we may hold about you, you may access and correct this information at any time by using the MyProfile button in SCISWeb.
Security of your personal information
Your personal information will be held in strictest confidence. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold on our servers is not subject to loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration. We also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required.